Thursday, September 27, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2








So I had my first hands on experiences on the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 yesterday I found the phone for sale at Divine cell care (Pvt) Ltd, Majestic City, 3rd Floor,a tad bit slower than expected, there is no model without the silver border and the TouchWiz 4 UI isn't a big deal as expected . Hope the promised Jelly Bean Update will counter all the cons. but its a descant for a mid range phone at that price. 38,500 Sri Lankan rupees is the lowest I have come across for the Ace 2. 

Experiences wise; for someone who has been stuck with the TouchWiz 3 for a while it might need getting used to (but not that complicated). Felt a little heavy in my hand, not sure if that's good or bad. 

The packaging came in a very compact box that is just a little bigger than the phone it self (going green I suppose, who cares not like you are going to use the box).. Let me get to what was inside this box tho, data cable which felt quite solid and firm, a separate charger with a long enough extension, a manual and warranty card along with a ear phones, didn't really like the look of the ear phones, since I personally prefer the ear buds also the fact that they are white doesn't excite me ether ( Prone to discolor and get dirty), but I don't know. I don't want to judge it without having used it first.  

Right now the phone is only available Black (with the silver outline) in Sri Lanka, So for all the white phone lovers I suggest you wait till the end of the year or so, with the Jelly Bean upgrade (and lets face the it the price will eventually drop) the wait will be worth the while. 

Hope this helps anyone in Sr Lanka looking for information about the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to at least imagine what its like. but I suggest you get a hands on experience, its not bad at all. 

Also note that most comparisons done in the article are with the Galaxy Y (I assume its a common enough phone in Sri Laka these days) all in all its a pretty good upgrade if you're a Galaxy Y user with a low budget for a new phone.





No comments:

Post a Comment